Outsourced Marketing - A Complete Guide
Marketing is crucial to every business. Its primary purpose is to generate interest and enquiries which, with the right sales support, will be converted into revenue for the company.
As companies evolve in light of the current environment, we have seen a seismic shift in the way that business is conducted, with many organisations having been forced to overhaul the way in which they operate and promote themselves. The downsizing of teams and streamlining of activity has been the primary focus for some, whilst others have experienced tremendous and rapid growth resulting in quick, reactive expansion. Whichever camp you fall into there has never been a better time to explore the benefits of outsourcing your marketing function to ensure that a strong plan and well executed strategy is in play.
1. Marketing Specific Focus – more often than not, in companies without a dedicated marketing department, the marketing function is usually an ‘add on’ to someone’s existing job role regularly being tagged onto sales. The issue with this is that marketing has many layers, and those layers can take an awful lot of time planning, implementing and analysing. If you do not have the capacity or time available, how can a robust marketing plan be developed and applied? Outsourcing enables you to continue working on other aspects of your business whilst a team of marketing experts produce and execute a solid strategy with clear end goals.
2. Cost Effective Saving - installing a marketing department or even hiring a marketing executive can be costly and sometimes, depending on your business, it might not be necessary to have a dedicated team full time. We recommend that you do some research and ask yourself the following questions:
- 1. How much would it cost your business to do your marketing inhouse?
- 2. What would your marketing executive’s hourly rate be?
- 3. Are they skilled in all aspects of marketing; both online and offline, planning, strategy formation, copywriting, design, programming, the list is extensive?
Outsourcing is in fact more cost effective than hiring your own team. Plus, with an agency, you have several skilled marketing executives with a range of marketing skills working to drive your business forwards. So, when it comes to outsourcing, which marketing agency do you choose? Preference is down to you, it is extremely important to find an agency that you can work well with, after all they will (or should) be an extension of your business, so take the time to research and meet with several to ensure that the personality fit is right, cost can vary depending on size of agency, experience and location, budget will always be a dictating factor but as the saying goes you get what you pay for so do keep quality in mind.
3. Latest Industry Experience – marketing agencies have their ears to the ground when it comes to the latest trends and have the ability to keep content fresh, interesting and relevant. Not only do we understand the most up-to-date tactics, but can also provide our clients with a report that outlines the success of our marketing efforts and provide recommendations on how to further maximise those results. Furthermore, marketing agencies already have the technologies in place such as analytical software and social media scheduling applications to name a few, so utilising a specialised marketing partner means your business can benefit from our tools and advice.
Outsourcing your marketing is a big decision and as a marketing agency we are often asked questions from businesses about taking the leap. Below are just some of the most common FAQs we are asked:
- 1. Is outsourcing right for my business?
Simply put, if you need additional expertise that your company does not already have, or you want to reduce overall marketing spends, or perhaps need a fresh perspective on marketing collateral, or you’re not in the position to employ someone full time, then yes – outsourcing could be just what you need.
- 2. Will I be just another client?
You are more than just another client to us – we are an extension of your business and whilst external yes, we care about building a long-term relationship with our clients and through that rapport, we will gain deep understanding of your business and your processes in order to work together seamlessly.
- 3. What marketing activities can I outsource?
We are a full-service marketing agency which means we have an inhouse design studio and web development team so there’s really nothing we can’t do! Before any work begins, we will create a bespoke marketing strategy with a list of activities we plan to implement.
We hope this guide has offered you some valuable insight into outsourced marketing, but we are also always on hand if you want to speak to us for more information or advice. If you would like to read more click here to discover the things you need to consider when working with an agency or simply get in touch and let’s discuss your business, your future plans and how outsourcing might be the best option for you.
Share this story
Back to News